Tayyaba Ali, M.D.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard, Boston, MA, USA
- As a WikiDoc Scholar since May 2020, responsible for contributing original content to WikiDoc or editing existing material.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certified: February 2020
- Best practices for Biomedical Research Data Management Course designed by Harvard Medical School and NIH
Content Editor for StatPearls
Supervisor: Dr. Scott Dulebohn, M.D.
- Dr. Ali updates board review questions on anatomy for StatPearls and converts First-order to Third-order clinical scenario-based questions.
- StatPearls is an online learning tool that offers health professionals a comprehensive database of multiple-choice questions with explanations.
Oct 2016 - April 2020
Research Associate, Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Karachi Medical and Dental College
Supervisor: Dr. Sina Aziz, Ph.D., D.C.P.S (Professor of Pediatrics and Editor-in-Chief for the journal
Annals of Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, Karachi Medical, and Dental College)
- Dr. Ali worked as a Research Associate under the supervision of Prof. Sina Aziz and worked on various projects.
- Her responsibilities were getting Institutional review board (IRB) approval, data collection, data entry, data analysis, manuscript writing.
- Dr. Ali worked as a team leader and presented the poster on “Food Allergy in school-going adolescents and its association with depression in Karachi, Pakistan” in the conference by the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at Hollywood, Florida, USA.
Jan 2015 – Oct 2016
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Karachi Institute of Heart Diseases
Supervisor: Dr. Gulnaz Khalid
- Dr. Ali worked as an independent investigator under the guidance of my professor at Karachi Institute of heart diseases on the project titled Frequency of use of herbal plants among hypertensive patients in a tertiary care hospital in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Her responsibilities were to get the research synopsis approved by an Institutional review board. She collected the data from 300 hypertensive patients and entered it on SPSS. She worked on the conception, design, and drafted the manuscript.
14th May 2018- 14th November 2018
Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center and Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan Internship in the Departments of Accidents, Trauma, and Emergency and Internal Medicine
April 2012 till Date:
Education Volunteer and Peer Educator
International Federation of Pakistan Red Cross and Red Crescent society
- Dr. Ali is an active member of Youth Clubs, which the Pakistan Red Crescent Society has established in different institutions of Karachi, Pakistan where they conduct youth-related programs such as Youth as an Agent of Behavior Change (YABC) & Youth development training programs.
- She joined this organization in 2012.
- She has the privilege to receive the “Best Volunteer Award” from Sindh on her performance in the 4th National Youth Camp held at Islamabad in 2012. They nominated her to represent Pakistan in an International Youth Camp in Korea.
- The primary aim of the Education Volunteer is to promote a culture of healthy and safe living in communities and to bridge the gap among the diverse population in terms of ethnicity, class, and culture.
- She has raised a good deal of public awareness campaigns and conducted workshops on Road Safety, First Aid training, Gender equality, Tolerance, and non-violence in communities.
- She has received training based on seven fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement like Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Services, Universality, and Unity through workshops, simulations, and activities.
June 2020 – to date:
Facilitator and Speaker
- Dr. Ali took part in live webinar sessions and spoke on COVID-19 and mental health.
- It is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders to provide humanitarian service and to advance goodwill and peace around the world.
January 2011- Jan 2015:
Student Volunteer and Fund Raiser
HOPES- Help of Patients in Exigency by Students
Non-political, Non-profit Organization run by Students of Karachi Medical and Dental College.
- Dr. Ali makes animated videos on Public health to generate awareness. "www.youtube.com".
- She runs a page called "Healthcare Insiders" on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook and channel on YouTube. The aim is to spread health awareness and give the latest health updates. "Healthcare Insiders - Home | Facebook".
- Web Designing/YouTuber/ Designed Home page of WikiDoc.org
- Calligraphy Art/ Glass Painting
- Singing/ Music (Folk, Pop, Classical)
- Cooking/ Baking
Acne Vulgaris (In progress)
Polycythemia (Currently working)
Resident Survival Guide Project
- Design and creation of new homepage (07/16/2020) "wikidoc".