Sabawoon Mirwais, MD
MEDICAL EDUCATION AND HONORS
- M.B.B.S from Sheikh Zayed Medical College (SZMC), Rahim Yar Khan, Pakistan (12/18/2008 - 07/14/2014)
- Gold Medal of distinction for scoring 80% in the Clinical and theoretical parts of Biochemistry in the First Professional Part 1 Exam, 2009
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston MA (October 16, 2018 till Current)
Supervisor: Dr. C. Michael Gibson
- I am working at PERFUSE Study Group as a Research Fellow.
- I serve as an Associate Editor-in-Chief for WikiDoc.
- I am responsible for contributing original content related to my topics of interest or editing existing material as well as “watching” the textbook page to assure the validity and neutrality of materials added.
Contribution to the Journal of Investigative Medicine, April 2018
- Mirwais M, Mirwais S, Ahmad A. “Spontaneous atraumatic splenic rupture in a patient with Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumonia”.
- Kardokus J, Mirwais M, Mirwais S, Hooker J. “Validity of the AliveCor Software in detecting paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation: A sub study of the Intermittent vs. Continuous AnticoagulationtheRapy in patiEnts with Atrial Fibrillation (iCARE-AF) pilot study”.
- Mirwais M, Mirwais S, Fay L. “Rheumatic Heart Disease in an Adult Patient Presenting With Non-Specific Symptoms”.
- Mirwais M, Mirwais S, Bhutta U. “Hypertriglyceridemia Leading to Acute Pancreatitis in a thirty one year old man”.
Department of Community Medicine, SZMC, Rahim Yar Khan, Pakistan (05/2012 - 09/2012)
Average Hours per Week: 10
Lead Researcher: Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Yar
- As per the Community Medicine curriculum we conducted a population based case control study on the Psycho-social determinants of Carcinoma of the Oral Cavity in the urban community of Rahim Yar Khan, Pakistan.
- It included me, as the team leader along with eight other medical students.
- We devised a well organized questionnaire which we used to interview cases and controls. We recorded and tabulated the results which helped us to compile a paper on the Psycho-social Determinants of CA Larynx. We were required to submit our paper to the department where it was used as a component of our annual Community Medicine assessment.
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK (03/17/2018 - 03/31/2018)
Supervisor Attending: Dr. Marcus Boyd Shook
- Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, Houston, Texas (02/15/2018 - 03/15/2018)
Supervisor Attending: Dr. Salman J. Bandeali
- Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, Houston Texas (01/15/2018-02/15/2018)
Supervisor Attending: Dr. Shamoon Ahmed
- Doctors Hospital & Medical Centre, Lahore, Pakistan (05/01/2016 - 09/30/2016)
Position: Physician Assistant
Supervisor: Dr. Moazzam Iqbal
- Shifa International Hospital, Islamabad, Pakistan (10/01/2016 - 11/30/2016)
Supervisor: Dr. Ijaz Ahmed Khan
- Kohat Medical Center, Kohat, Pakistan (12/01/2016 - 05/30/2017)
Position: Medical Officer
Supervisor: Dr. Muhammad Ishaq Paracha
- Helping Underprivileged Medical Aid Network (HUMANE), Rahim Yar Khan, Pakistan (03/01/2011 - 02/30/2013)
Designation: Regional Coordinator and Second in command, SZMC and Hospital
Average Hours per Week: 6
- FUNDACIÓN MANOS JUNTAS, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (03/17/2018 - 03/31/2018)
Description: Free Medical Clinic organized and supervised by Dr. Marcus Boyd Shook
Position: Helping Physician
Average Hours per Week: 7
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Best Speaker in the District in 8th Grade
- Gold Medal in Speech competition held in the District in 9th Grade
- Silver Medal in Speech competition held in the Province in 10th Grade
- Sub-editor, English section of Medical School magazine “Raigzaar”
- Collaborator among the committees of Sports Month in Medical School
- Head of the Announcement Committee of Sports and Students’ month in Medical School
- Head of the Debating Society in Medical School
- Chief Secretary of the Students’ week in Medical School
- Active and key member of the Dispute Resolution Committee of the Medical School
- Phenotypes of Immunodeficiency
- Complement deficiencies
- Arteriovenous fistula
- POEMS syndrome
- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia
- E. Coli
- Escherichia coli O157:H7
- Escherichia coli enteritis
- Stress cardiomyopathy
- Angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma
- Acoustic neuroma
- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer
- Chondromyxoid fibroma
- T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemia
- Primary lymphoma of the bone
- Sacrococcygeal teratoma
- Blastic NK cell lymphoma
- Synovial sarcoma
- Atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor
- Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration