Small intestine cancer risk factors
Small intestine cancer Microchapters
Small intestine cancer risk factors On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Small intestine cancer risk factors
- There are no established risk factors of small intestinal cancers.
- However, there are some associations and most common association is Crohn's disease.
- Other associated factors are described below.
Common risk factors
Less common risk factors
- Other associated risk factors are:
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
- Lynch syndrome
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Celiac disease
- Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome
- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal neoplasms
- Radiation exposure
- Hereditary cancer syndromes
- Smoking and alcohol use increases the risk of small intestine cancer
- Colon cancer: Survivors of colon cancer have an increased risk of getting cancer of the small intestine
- Dabaja BS, Suki D, Pro B, Bonnen M, Ajani J (August 2004). "Adenocarcinoma of the small bowel: presentation, prognostic factors, and outcome of 217 patients". Cancer. 101 (3): 518–26. doi:10.1002/cncr.20404. PMID 15274064.
- Sarosiek T, Stelmaszuk M (February 2018). "[Small intestine neoplasms]". Pol. Merkur. Lekarski (in Polish). 44 (260): 45–48. PMID 29498365.
- Delaunoit T, Neczyporenko F, Limburg PJ, Erlichman C. Pathogenesis and risk factors of small bowel adenocarcinoma: a colorectal cancer sibling? Am J Gastroenterol. 2005 Mar;100(3):703-10. PMID 15743371.