Epididymoorchitis classification On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Epididymoorchitis classification
Risk calculators and risk factors for Epididymoorchitis classification
Editor-In-Chief: C. Michael Gibson, M.S., M.D. ; Associate Editor(s)-in-Chief: Dima Nimri, M.D. 
Epididymoorchitis can be classified based on the extent of involvement into isolated cases of epididymitis, isolated cases of orchitis or cases of epididymoorchitis. Another means of classifying the disease is based on duration into acute or chronic epididymoorchitis. Finally, it can also be classified according to the causative agent into infectious, non-infectious and idiopathic causes.
Epididymoorchitis can be classified based on the extent of involvement, duration or cause of the disease.
Extent of Involvement
Based on Duration
Epididymoorchitis can be divided into acute and chronic epididymoorchitis based on duration of the illness:
- Acute epididymoorchitis: are cases lasting less than 6 weeks in duration
- Chronic epididymoorchitis: are cases lasting more than 3 months in duration
Based on Cause
There are several etiological factors to epididymoorchitis and these include:
- Infectious causes
- Noninfectious causes
- Idiopathic epididymoorchitis
For more on the causative agents of epididymoorchitis, click here
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Trojian TH, Lishnak TS, Heiman D (2009). "Epididymitis and orchitis: an overview". Am Fam Physician. 79 (7): 583–7. PMID 19378875.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Tracy CR, Steers WD, Costabile R (2008). "Diagnosis and management of epididymitis". Urol. Clin. North Am. 35 (1): 101–8, vii. doi:10.1016/j.ucl.2007.09.013. PMID 18061028.