Papillary thyroid cancer epidemiology and demographics
Papillary thyroid cancer Microchapters
Papillary thyroid cancer epidemiology and demographics On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Papillary thyroid cancer epidemiology and demographics
The incidence of thyroid cancer is approximately 15.8 per 100,000 men and women annually. The papillary cancer incidence has increased by 4.4% per year from 1974 till 2013. The majority of papillary thyroid cancers manifest in individuals between the ages of 20 to 55. It is more common among women, with female to male ratio of approximately 3:1.
Epidemiology and Demographics
- The incidence of thyroid cancer is approximately 15.8 per 100,000 men and women annually.
- The papillary cancer incidence has increased 4.4% per year from 1974 till 2013.
- It is suggested that increase in adiposity in childhood and early adulthood is related with this increase in incidence rate.
- The papillary thyroid cancer incidence-based mortality increased per year during 1974-2013.
- Papillary thyroid cancer (as is the case with follicular thyroid cancer) typically occurs in middle-aged individuals, with a peak incidence in the 3rd and 4th decades.
- The majority of papillary thyroid cancers manifest in individuals between the ages of 20 to 55..
- "Thyroid Cancer - Cancer Stat Facts".
- Lim H, Devesa SS, Sosa JA, Check D, Kitahara CM (2017). "Trends in Thyroid Cancer Incidence and Mortality in the United States, 1974-2013". JAMA. 317 (13): 1338–1348. doi:10.1001/jama.2017.2719. PMID 28362912.
- McCONAHEY, WILLIAM M.; Hay, Ian D.; Woolner, Lewis B.; van HEERDEN, JON A.; Taylor, William F. (1986). "Papillary Thyroid Cancer Treated at the Mayo Clinic, 1946 Through 1970: Initial Manifestations, Pathologic Findings, Therapy, and Outcome". Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 61 (12): 978–996. doi:10.1016/S0025-6196(12)62641-X. ISSN 0025-6196.
- Takashima S, Sone S, Takayama F, Wang Q, Kobayashi T, Horii A; et al. (1998). "Papillary thyroid carcinoma: MR diagnosis of lymph node metastasis". AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 19 (3): 509–13. PMID 9541309.
- "Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2014 - SEER Statistics".