|chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 7|
|Alt. symbols||SCYB17, VCC-1, DMC|
|Locus||Chr. 19 q13.2|
Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 17 (CXCL17) is a small cytokine belonging to the CXC chemokine family that has been identified in humans and mice. CXCL17 attracts dendritic cells and monocytes and is regulated in tumors. It is also known as VEGF co-regulated chemokine 1 (VCC-1) and dendritic cell- and monocyte-attracting chemokine-like protein (DMC). This chemokine is constitutively expressed in the lung. The gene for human CXCL17 is located on chromosome 19.
CXCL17 is an orphan chemokine with no known receptor.
The receptor for CXCL17 is likely to be a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR).
The GPCR GPR35 was thought to be a receptor of CXCL17. Subsequent research has suggested that GPR35 is not a receptor for CXCL17.
- ↑ Weinstein EJ, Head R, Griggs DW, Sun D, Evans RJ, Swearingen ML, Westlin MM, Mazzarella R (November 2006). "VCC-1, a novel chemokine, promotes tumor growth". Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 350 (1): 74–81. doi:10.1016/j.bbrc.2006.08.194. PMID 16989774.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Pisabarro MT, Leung B, Kwong M, Corpuz R, Frantz GD, Chiang N, Vandlen R, Diehl LJ, Skelton N, Kim HS, Eaton D, Schmidt KN (February 2006). "Cutting edge: novel human dendritic cell- and monocyte-attracting chemokine-like protein identified by fold recognition methods". Journal of Immunology. 176 (4): 2069–73. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.176.4.2069. PMID 16455961.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Binti Mohd Amir NA, Mackenzie AE, Jenkins L, Boustani K, Hillier MC, Tsuchiya T, Milligan G, Pease JE (June 2018). "Evidence for the Existence of a CXCL17 Receptor Distinct from GPR35". Journal of Immunology. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1700884. PMID 29875152.
- ↑ Burkhardt AM, Maravillas-Montero JL, Carnevale CD, Vilches-Cisneros N, Flores JP, Hevezi PA, Zlotnik A (August 2014). "CXCL17 is a major chemotactic factor for lung macrophages". Journal of Immunology. 193 (3): 1468–74. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1400551. PMC 4142799. PMID 24973458.
- ↑ Maravillas-Montero JL, Burkhardt AM, Hevezi PA, Carnevale CD, Smit MJ, Zlotnik A (January 2015). "Cutting edge: GPR35/CXCR8 is the receptor of the mucosal chemokine CXCL17". Journal of Immunology. 194 (1): 29–33. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1401704. PMC 4355404. PMID 25411203.
- ↑ Park SJ, Lee SJ, Nam SY, Im DS (January 2018). "GPR35 mediates lodoxamide-induced migration inhibitory response but not CXCL17-induced migration stimulatory response in THP-1 cells; is GPR35 a receptor for CXCL17?". British Journal of Pharmacology. 175 (1): 154–161. doi:10.1111/bph.14082. PMC 5740256. PMID 29068046.
|This article on a gene on human chromosome 19 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|