Anaplastic large cell lymphoma medical therapy
Anaplastic large cell lymphoma Microchapters
Anaplastic large cell lymphoma medical therapy On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Anaplastic large cell lymphoma medical therapy
The predominant therapy for anaplastic lymphoma is chemotherapy. Adjunctive radiotherapy, stem cell transplantation, and surgery may be required. The optimal therapy for anaplastic large cell lymphoma depends on the type and extent of anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
- The optimal therapy for anaplastic large cell lymphoma depends on:
- Type of anaplastic large cell lymphoma
- Extent of anaplastic large cell lymphoma
|Type||Chemotherapy||Radiotherapy||Stem cell transplant||Surgery|
|Primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma||
|Primary systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma||
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma usually responds well to chemotherapy, so it often has a good prognosis.
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma is treated with the same combinations of chemotherapy drugs used to treat other aggressive lymphomas.
- Drug Regimen: (CHOP) Cyclophosphamide AND Doxorubicin AND Vincristine AND Prednisone
- Radiation therapy is most often given after chemotherapy.
- External beam radiation therapy may be used:
- When the lymphoma cells are only in one area of the lymph nodes (stage I primary systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma).
- For localized skin lesions in primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
Stem cell transplant
- A stem cell transplant may be offered to patients with anaplastic large cell lymphoma who relapse after initial treatment.
- Vu K, Ai W (2018). "Update on the Treatment of Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma". Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 13 (2): 135–141. doi:10.1007/s11899-018-0436-z. PMID 29516333.
- Julie, D.A.; Mann, J.M.; Wu, X.; Nagar, H. (2017). "Role of Adjuvant Radiotherapy for Early-Stage Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma: Analysis of the National Cancer Database". International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics. 99 (2): S141. doi:10.1016/j.ijrobp.2017.06.327. ISSN 0360-3016.
- Deconinck E, Lamy T, Foussard C, Gaillard F, Delwail V, Colombat P; et al. (2000). "Autologous stem cell transplantation for anaplastic large-cell lymphomas: results of a prospective trial". Br J Haematol. 109 (4): 736–42. PMID 10929023.