Teratoma epidemiology and demographics
Teratoma epidemiology and demographics On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Teratoma epidemiology and demographics
Epidemiology and Demographics
- The incidence of mature teratoma is approximately 1.2-14.2 cases per 100,000 individuals worldwide.
- The incidence/prevalence of [disease name] is approximately [number range] per 100,000 individuals worldwide.
- The prevalence of [disease/malignancy] is estimated to be [number] cases annually.
Case-fatality rate/Mortality rate
- In [year], the incidence of [disease name] is approximately [number range] per 100,000 individuals with a case-fatality rate/mortality rate of [number range]%.
- The case-fatality rate/mortality rate of [disease name] is approximately [number range].
- Immature is mostly seen in younger patients and postpubertal males.
- Mature teratoma commonly affects aldolescent, but it occurs in all age groups.
- There is no racial predilection to [disease name].
- [Disease name] usually affects individuals of the [race 1] race. [Race 2] individuals are less likely to develop [disease name].
- [Disease name] affects men and women equally.
- [Gender 1] are more commonly affected by [disease name] than [gender 2]. The [gender 1] to [gender 2] ratio is approximately [number > 1] to 1.
- The majority of [disease name] cases are reported in [geographical region].
- [Disease name] is a common/rare disease that tends to affect [patient population 1] and [patient population 2].
- Westhoff C, Pike M, Vessey M (1988). "Benign ovarian teratomas: a population-based case-control study". Br J Cancer. 58 (1): 93–8. doi:10.1038/bjc.1988.171. PMC 2246492. PMID 3166898.
- Kao CS, Bangs CD, Aldrete G, Cherry AM, Ulbright TM (2018). "A Clinicopathologic and Molecular Analysis of 34 Mediastinal Germ Cell Tumors Suggesting Different Modes of Teratoma Development". Am J Surg Pathol. 42 (12): 1662–1673. doi:10.1097/PAS.0000000000001164. PMID 30256256.
- Outwater, Eric K.; Siegelman, Evan S.; Hunt, Jennifer L. (2001). "Ovarian Teratomas: Tumor Types and Imaging Characteristics". RadioGraphics. 21 (2): 475–490. doi:10.1148/radiographics.21.2.g01mr09475. ISSN 0271-5333.