Hypoxemia causes On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Hypoxemia causes
Disease name] may be caused by [cause1], [cause2], or [cause3].
Common causes of [disease] include [cause1], [cause2], and [cause3].
The most common cause of [disease name] is [cause 1]. Less common causes of [disease name] include [cause 2], [cause 3], and [cause 4].
The cause of [disease name] has not been identified. To review risk factors for the development of [disease name], click here.
- Life-threatening causes include conditions which may result in death or permanent disability within 24 hours if left untreated. There are no life-threatening causes of disease name, however complications resulting from untreated disease name is common.
- Life-threatening causes of [symptom/manifestation] include [cause1], [cause2], and [cause3].
- [Cause] is a life-threatening cause of [disease].
[Disease name] may be caused by:
- [Disease name] is caused by an infection with [pathogen name].
- [Pathogen name] is caused by [pathogen name].
Less Common Causes
Less common causes of disease name include:
- [Disease name] is caused by a mutation in the [gene name] gene.
Causes by Organ System
|Cardiovascular||No underlying causes|
|Chemical/Poisoning||No underlying causes|
|Dental||No underlying causes|
|Dermatologic||No underlying causes|
|Drug Side Effect||No underlying causes|
|Ear Nose Throat||No underlying causes|
|Endocrine||No underlying causes|
|Environmental||No underlying causes|
|Gastroenterologic||No underlying causes|
|Genetic||No underlying causes|
|Hematologic||No underlying causes|
|Iatrogenic||No underlying causes|
|Infectious Disease||No underlying causes|
|Musculoskeletal/Orthopedic||No underlying causes|
|Neurologic||No underlying causes|
|Nutritional/Metabolic||No underlying causes|
|Obstetric/Gynecologic||No underlying causes|
|Oncologic||No underlying causes|
|Ophthalmologic||No underlying causes|
|Overdose/Toxicity||No underlying causes|
|Psychiatric||No underlying causes|
|Pulmonary||No underlying causes|
|Renal/Electrolyte||No underlying causes|
|Rheumatology/Immunology/Allergy||No underlying causes|
|Sexual||No underlying causes|
|Trauma||No underlying causes|
|Urologic||No underlying causes|
|Miscellaneous||No underlying causes|
Causes in Alphabetical Order
- After pulmonary resection 
- ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)
- Bronchial Asthma
- Bronchial mucus obstruction
- Congestive heart failure
- Drugs: Beractant, caspofungin acetate, Idelalisib, Ixabepilone, laronidase, Meropenem, Nitric oxide, Sipuleucel-T, Poractant Alfa
- Hamman-Rich Syndrome
- High altitude sickness
- Lung compression due to pleural effusions/tumor
- Lymphangitic metastases
- Mechanical ventilation
- Pulmonary edema
- Pulmonary embolism
- Right to left shunt
- Thoracic deformity
- Sailer, Christian, Wasner, Susanne. Differential Diagnosis Pocket. Hermosa Beach, CA: Borm Bruckmeir Publishing LLC, 2002:77 ISBN 1591032016
- Kahan, Scott, Smith, Ellen G. In A Page: Signs and Symptoms. Malden, Massachusetts: Blackwell Publishing, 2004:68 ISBN 140510368X