Hydronephrosis epidemiology and demographics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hydronephrosis epidemiology and demographics On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Hydronephrosis epidemiology and demographics
Epidemiology and Demographics
- The incidence of hydronephrosis varies according to the underlying cause:
- Incidence of hydronephrosis following semirigid ureteroscopy was 17.8%
- Incidence of hydronephrosis following percutaneous nephrolithotomy is 16%
- The prevalence of hydronephrosis depends on the underlying cause.
- The prevalence of hydronephrosis secondary to appendicitis is 3.5%
Case-fatality rate/Mortality rate
- The case-fatality rate/mortality rate of hydronephrosis is approximately 3.1 per 100 000 individuals
- There is no racial predilection to hydronephrosis.
- In younger patients ( aged 20-60 years) frequency of hydronephrosis is higher in women than men.
- Older patients(>60) frequency of hydronephrosis is higher in men than women.
- There is no specific regional distribution to hydronephrosis.
- Gökçe Mİ, Esen B, Gülpınar B, Hüseynov A, Özkidik M, Süer E (June 2017). "Evaluation of postoperative hydronephrosis following semirigid ureteroscopy: Incidence and predictors". Turk J Urol. 43 (2): 171–175. doi:10.5152/tud.2017.80106. PMC 5503437. PMID 28717542.
- Dagrosa L, Moses R, Pais VM (January 2017). "Incidence and implications of silent hydronephrosis following percutaneous nephrolithotomy". Clin. Nephrol. 87 (2017) (1): 29–32. doi:10.5414/CN108926. PMID 27900939.
- Goldberg H, Bachar GN, Majadla R, Yossepowitch O, Baniel J, Ram E (March 2018). "How Prevalent is Hydronephrosis Secondary to Acute Appendicitis: A Cross-Sectional Study". Isr. Med. Assoc. J. 20 (3): 141–144. PMID 29527849.