Wells score for PE (original)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wells Score Calculator for PE
Check all boxes that apply to your patient:
Shown below is the pretest probability of PE according to Wells criteria:
- Score >6: High probability (Rate of PE: ~66.7%)
- Score 2-6: Moderate probability (Rate of PE: ~20.5%)
- Score <2: Low probability (Rate of PE: ~3.6%)
- Wells score for DVT (original)
- Wells score for DVT (modified)
- Wells score for PE (modified)
- Deep vein thrombosis assessment of clinical probability and risk scores
- Pulmonary embolism assessment of clinical probability and risk scores
- Wells P, Anderson D, Rodger M, Ginsberg J, Kearon C, Gent M, Turpie A, Bormanis J, Weitz J, Chamberlain M, Bowie D, Barnes D, Hirsh J (2000). "Derivation of a simple clinical model to categorize patients probability of pulmonary embolism: increasing the models utility with the SimpliRED D-dimer". Thromb Haemost. 83 (3): 416–20. PMID 10744147.
- Wells PS, Anderson DR, Rodger M, Stiell I, Dreyer JF, Barnes D, Forgie M, Kovacs G, Ward J, Kovacs MJ (2001). "Excluding pulmonary embolism at the bedside without diagnostic imaging: management of patients with suspected pulmonary embolism presenting to the emergency department by using a simple clinical model and d-dimer". Ann Intern Med. 135 (2): 98–107. PMID 11453709.
- Stein PD, Woodard PK, Weg JG, Wakefield TW, Tapson VF, Sostman HD, Sos TA, Quinn DA, Leeper KV, Hull RD, Hales CA, Gottschalk A, Goodman LR, Fowler SE, Buckley JD (2007). "Diagnostic pathways in acute pulmonary embolism: recommendations of the PIOPED II Investigators". Radiology. 242 (1): 15–21. doi:10.1148/radiol.2421060971. PMID 17185658.