Wells score for DVT (original)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wells Score Calculator for DVT
Check all boxes that apply to your patient:
The interpretation of the score is as follows:
- Score ≥3: High pretest probability (Prevalence of DVT - 75%)
- Score 1-2: Moderate pretest probability (Prevalence of DVT - 17%)
- Score ≤0: Low pretest probability (Prevalence of DVT - 3%)
Limitations of Wells Score
- The accuracy of the Wells rule, though useful in secondary and tertiary care centers, has not been properly validated for use in primary care patients with the suspicion of DVT.
- The performance of the Wells score was decreased when evaluating elderly patients, patients with a prior DVT, or patients having other comorbidities. These results may be equivalent to what is found in a primary care setting. Also, it should be highlighted that Wells criteria is an additional tool to diagnosis rather than being a stand-alone test.
- Wells score for DVT (modified)
- Wells score for PE (original)
- Wells score for PE (modified)
- Deep vein thrombosis assessment of clinical probability and risk scores
- Pulmonary embolism assessment of clinical probability and risk scores
- Wells PS, Anderson DR, Rodger M, Forgie M, Kearon C, Dreyer J, Kovacs G, Mitchell M, Lewandowski B, Kovacs MJ (September 2003). "Evaluation of D-dimer in the diagnosis of suspected deep-vein thrombosis". N. Engl. J. Med. 349 (13): 1227–35. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa023153. PMID 14507948.
- Scarvelis D, Wells PS (October 2006). "Diagnosis and treatment of deep-vein thrombosis". CMAJ. 175 (9): 1087–92. doi:10.1503/cmaj.060366. PMC 1609160. PMID 17060659.
- Wells PS, Owen C, Doucette S, Fergusson D, Tran H (January 2006). "Does this patient have deep vein thrombosis?". JAMA. 295 (2): 199–207. doi:10.1001/jama.295.2.199. PMID 16403932.
- Bates SM, Jaeschke R, Stevens SM, Goodacre S, Wells PS, Stevenson MD, Kearon C, Schunemann HJ, Crowther M, Pauker SG, Makdissi R, Guyatt GH (February 2012). "Diagnosis of DVT: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines". Chest. 141 (2 Suppl): e351S–e418S. doi:10.1378/chest.11-2299. PMC 3278048. PMID 22315267.
- Silveira PC, Ip IK, Goldhaber SZ, Piazza G, Benson CB, Khorasani R (July 2015). "Performance of Wells Score for Deep Vein Thrombosis in the Inpatient Setting". JAMA Intern Med. 175 (7): 1112–7. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2015.1687. PMID 25985219.
- Oudega R, Hoes AW, Moons KG (July 2005). "The Wells rule does not adequately rule out deep venous thrombosis in primary care patients". Ann. Intern. Med. 143 (2): 100–7. PMID 16027451.
- Goodacre S, Sutton AJ, Sampson FC (July 2005). "Meta-analysis: The value of clinical assessment in the diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis". Ann. Intern. Med. 143 (2): 129–39. PMID 16027455.
- Qaseem A, Snow V, Barry P, Hornbake ER, Rodnick JE, Tobolic T, Ireland B, Segal J, Bass E, Weiss KB, Green L, Owens DK (2007). "Current diagnosis of venous thromboembolism in primary care: a clinical practice guideline from the American Academy of Family Physicians and the American College of Physicians". Ann Fam Med. 5 (1): 57–62. doi:10.1370/afm.667. PMC 1783928. PMID 17261865. Retrieved 2011-12-22.