User:Syed Musadiq Ali
Syed Musadiq Ali, MD
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(M.B.B.S) from Chandka Medical College
Liaquat Medical University of Health and Science, Sindh, Pakistan
- ECFMG Certified – August 2016.
- Certificate of Permanent Medical License-Pakistan Medical & Dental Council
- 09/2018 - Till date at Harvard University, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, United States
- Presently, Dr. Ali is a research fellow working with Dr. Michael Gibson MS MD in medical education study group known as PERFUSE Study Group. He works as Associate Editor -in-Chief for WikiDoc. He is Responsible for contributing original content to Wikidoc and editing existing material as well as "watching" the textbook page to assure the validity and neutrality of materials added.
- 07/2018 - Till date at Weill Cornell Medical College, Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, United States
- He is still involved in active projects of his principal investigator Dr. Iqbal Ratnani MD. His responsibilities include literature reviews for specific projects from popular search engine including PubMed, Web of science,Google scholar.
- 04/2018 - 07/2018 University Of Texas, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX, United States
- As a Professional trainee, he attended morning rounds in Pulmonary Critical Care setting in conjunction with the resident team where management plans were formulated for all MICU patients. He also rotated in the Intensive Care Unit of "Advanced Heart Failure", Cardiac Care, Intensive Care Unit and outpatient clinic for Advanced Heart Failure and Heart Transplant. He is well Familiarized with patients with (Left Ventricle Assist Devices), percutaneous assist devices such as IABP (intraaortic balloon pump, Impella assist device or others such as percutaneous ECMO), surgical assist devices (Heart Mate II, Heartware, and Heart Mate III), Heart transplant, cardiopulmonary exercise testing,evaluation and interpretation of ICDs and CRTs. Participated in case presentation of patients on the rounds, weekly didactic lectures, echocardiography training classes, VAD clinics, Mortality and Morbidity meetings. Partook in Medical Review Board meetings for case presentation of patients on the Heart Transplant list.
- 10/2017 - 03/2018 MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, United States
- As a Research intern, he worked on three major projects and collected detailed clinical data of around 2500 patients by reviewing electronic medical records through "EPIC" software. His projects includes " predictive value of conventional Diastology Echocardiogram parameter in patients with new onset atrial fibrillation after stem cell transplantation at MD Anderson from 2005-2015". "Investigate the outcome of pacemaker and defibrillator implantation at MD Anderson in last 5 years". "Assess risk of thromboembolic event in cancer patients with atrial fibrillation who have undergone Transesophageal Echocardiogram at MD Anderson since 2002". He also participated in Cardiology grand rounds and daily rounds at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- 09/2015 - 07/2017 Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center, Karachi, Pakistan
- As a Resident physician his duties include Initial assessment of the patient and actively participate in all aspects of patient care, including history and physical, diagnostic,therapeutic planning and procedures. He Worked on the medical floor and emergency room with the team of residents and oriented to resident duties. He Learned protocols of patient admission, discharge and follow-up. He Participated in morning meetings, clinical rounds and discussions with the attending and resident team. Participated in Grand rounds, mortality and morbidity meeting and Journal Club.
- 04/2013 - 07/2015 National Hospital, Quetta, Pakistan
- He worked as General practitioner in some rural areas of Quetta Pakistan.
- 07/2012 - 01/2013 Civil Postgraduate Hospital, Karachi., Pakistan
- Internship (Medicine and Allied) He Maintained patient histories, performed detailed physical examination, carried out treatment orders, follow-up and patient counseling. Attended OPD twice a week and had 2-night shifts per week. Presented clinical cases in the morning meetings. Acquired clinical skills including Foley's catheterization, placement of NG tube, blood sampling and transfusion. Passed chest tube and performed ascitic tap, lumbar puncture and gastric lavage under supervision.
- 11/2011 - 05/2012 Combine Military Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
- Internship (Surgery and Allied) He Worked as a house officer for 6 months in Department of Surgery and Allied where he performed physical examinations, and presented cases in rounds along with regular monitoring of patients and carrying out treatment orders. Handled acute surgical emergencies under supervision of senior doctors. Scrubbed and assisted in the surgical OR; common cases included appendectomy, inguinal hernia repair, laparoscopic cholecystectomy and lipoma excision