Swathi Venkatesan, M.B.B.S.
July 2008- March 2014
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) from Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai, India
- ECFMG Certified- September 2018
- American Medical Association
- January 2019- Present; Postdoctoral Cardiovascular Research Fellow, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Working alongside Dr. C. Michael Gibson MS MD at PERFUSE academic research organization as Associate Editor-in-Chief for WikiDoc. Responsible for researching relative medical topics and contributing original content, as well as editing existing material and assuring the validity and neutrality of latest advancements.
- 2017-2019; Clinical Trials Data Management, Wayne State University, Karmanos Cancer Center, Detroit, MI
Data Management for all thoracic, radiation oncology and malignant hematology trials. CITI trained and certified to work with various pharmaceutical companies alongside Principal Investigators for human research. Managed patients participating in phase I and II clinical trials.
- 2017; Michigan Healthcare Professionals, Detroit, MI
Trained in medical documentation of patient visits and procedures. Documentation included patient history, physical exam, procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professional, patient education and explanation of risks and benefits as well as physician dictated diagnoses.
- 2015-2017; Instructor and Educational Mentor, Children's Education Enrichment, Chicago, IL
An educational program for students (primary to secondary education) to help develop and master reading and math skills. Worked with students from all backgrounds- a strict non-discrimination policy including students with mental health conditions (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autistic Spectrum Disorder etc.). Fine- tuned my communication skills to help students develop and mold basic academic foundations to excel in any area and become self- learners. Individualized Instruction.
- 2014-2017; President and Co-founder of GKARE (Non-Profit Organization Global)
Managed and reached out to youth in local Detroit communities as well as foreign youth in India and Africa. Raised approximately $2,459 within first month of establishment to create groundwork to solidify GKARE future aid. GKARE Mission is to provide disadvantaged youth an avenue to view successful individuals from similar socioeconomic backgrounds; Actively set them up for educational and financial success.
- Classical Dance