Sick sinus syndrome history and symptoms
Sick sinus syndrome Microchapters
Sick sinus syndrome history and symptoms On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Sick sinus syndrome history and symptoms
Patients with sick sinus syndrome (SSS) may present with nonspecific symptoms or be asymptomatic. 50 percent of patients present with syncope or pre-syncope related to the decreased cerebral perfusion secondary to bradyarrhythmias or tachyarrhythmias. Some of the symptoms that may develop among patients include memory loss, dizziness or light-headedness, Palpitations, chest pain or angina, shortness of breath, fatigue, and headache.
Patients with sick sinus syndrome (SSS) may present with nonspecific symptoms or be asymptomatic. 50 percent of patients present with syncope or pre-syncope related to the decreased cerebral perfusion secondary to bradyarrhythmias or tachyarrhythmias.
Patients with mild SSS may be asymptomatic and unaware of any underlying illness. Other patients with symptomatic SSS may experience brief symptoms or more severe manifestations. Some of the symptoms that may develop among patients include: 
- Memory loss
- Nocturnal wakefulness
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Chest pain or angina
- Shortness of breath
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Focal neurologic symptoms due to cerebrovascular accidents
- Adán V, Crown LA (2003). "Diagnosis and treatment of sick sinus syndrome". Am Fam Physician. 67 (8): 1725–32. PMID 12725451.
- Gregoratos G (2003). "Cardiology patient pages. Sick sinus syndrome". Circulation. 108 (20): e143–4. doi:10.1161/01.CIR.0000102938.55119.EC. PMID 14623796.
- Rubenstein, Joel J.; Schulman, Charles L.; Yurchak, Peter M.; Desanctis, Roman W. (1972). "Clinical Spectrum of the Sick Sinus Syndrome". Circulation. 46 (1): 5–13. doi:10.1161/01.CIR.46.1.5. ISSN 0009-7322.
- Park, Hyung Wook; Cho, Jeong Gwan; Yum, Ju Hyup; Hong, Young Joon; Lim, Ji Hyun; Kim, Han Gyun; Kim, Ju Han; Kim, Weon; Ahn, Young Keun; Jeong, Myung Ho; Park, Jong Chun; Kang, Jung Chaee (2004). "Clinical Characteristics of Hypervagotonic Sinus Node Dysfunction". The Korean Journal of Internal Medicine. 19 (3): 155–159. doi:10.3904/kjim.2004.19.3.155. ISSN 1226-3303.