Scleroderma other imaging findings
Scleroderma other imaging findings On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Scleroderma other imaging findings
Risk calculators and risk factors for Scleroderma other imaging findings
Editor-In-Chief: C. Michael Gibson, M.S., M.D. ; Associate Editor(s)-in-Chief: M. Khurram Afzal, MD 
Nail-fold video capillaroscopy (NVC) may be helpful in the diagnosis of scleroderma. Findings on nail-fold video capillaroscopy diagnostic of raynaud's phenomenon (RP) and scleroderma microangiopathy include nail-fold capillary abnormalities, capillary dilatation, and capillary loop drop-out. Findings on nail-fold video capillaroscopy diagnostic of scleroderma microangiopathy are graded into 3 phases; early, active and late.
Other Imaging Findings
- Nail-fold capillaroscopy may be helpful in the diagnosis of scleroderma. Findings on nail-fold capillaroscopy diagnostic of raynaud's phenomenon (RP) include:
- Nail-fold capillaroscopy:
- Non-invasive technique that facilitates in vivo assessment of cutaneous microvasculature and microvascular damage in scleroderma patients
- Findings on nail-fold video capillaroscopy diagnostic of scleroderma microangiopathy are graded into 3 phases:
- Giant capillaries
- These findings facilitate early diagnosis of scleroderma and facilitate differentiation between primary and secondary RP
- The microangiopathy changes in the early phase are more evident in the active phase
- Severe loss of capillaries
- Vascular architectural disorganization
- Presence of ramified or bushy capillaries
- ↑ Cutolo M, Grassi W, Matucci Cerinic M (November 2003). "Raynaud's phenomenon and the role of capillaroscopy". Arthritis Rheum. 48 (11): 3023–30. doi:10.1002/art.11310. PMID 14613262.
- ↑ Cutolo M, Sulli A, Smith V (April 2013). "How to perform and interpret capillaroscopy". Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 27 (2): 237–48. doi:10.1016/j.berh.2013.03.001. PMID 23731933.
- ↑ Cutolo M, Sulli A, Pizzorni C, Accardo S (January 2000). "Nailfold videocapillaroscopy assessment of microvascular damage in systemic sclerosis". J. Rheumatol. 27 (1): 155–60. PMID 10648032.
- ↑ Cutolo M, Matucci Cerinic M (2007). "Nailfold capillaroscopy and classification criteria for systemic sclerosis". Clin. Exp. Rheumatol. 25 (5): 663–5. PMID 18078610.
- ↑ Sulli A, Secchi ME, Pizzorni C, Cutolo M (June 2008). "Scoring the nailfold microvascular changes during the capillaroscopic analysis in systemic sclerosis patients". Ann. Rheum. Dis. 67 (6): 885–7. doi:10.1136/ard.2007.079756. PMID 18037628.