Menopause causes On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Menopause causes
Menopause occurs naturally or can be induced, Induced menopause happens as a result of bilateral oophorectomy, hysterectomy, salpingo-oophorectomy, a complication of tubal ligation, complications of treatment, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy, autoimmune diseases such as thyroid disease, Turner’s syndrome, myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, primary ovarian insufficiency.
Several risk factors accelerate happen early menopause such as family history and Cigarette smoking has been found to decrease the age at menopause by as much as one year and women who smoke have early menopause before non-smoking women.
As women age, menopause occurs naturally in women between 49 and 52 of age at an average. There are several factors that affect menopause onsets such as the age of women at menarche, age at first childbirth, number of pregnancies, oral contraceptives, irregular menses, body mass index, use of tobacco, and alcohol.
- Certain health conditions:
- Chemotherapy or radiotherapy:.
- Surgical causes:
- Bilateral oophorectomy, remove ovaries and salpingo-oophorectomy, remove ovaries with Fallopian tubes.
- Hysterectomy, removal of the uterus.
Less common causes:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, Women with chronic fatigue syndrome are more likely to have early or premature menopause.
- HIV and AIDS, Women with HIV whose infection is not well controlled with medicine may experience early menopause. Women with HIV may also have more severe hot flashes than women without HIV.