Aspiration pneumonia history and symptoms
Aspiration pneumonia Microchapters
Aspiration pneumonia history and symptoms On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Aspiration pneumonia history and symptoms
Patients with aspiration pneumonia may have a positive history of predisposing condition or altered level of consciousness. The most common symptoms of aspiration pneumonia include chest pain, cough, fever, and sweating. Less common symptoms of aspiration pneumonia include fatigue, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, and dyspnea.
History and Symptom
- The most common symptoms of aspiration pneumonia include chest pain, cough, fever, and sweating.
Patients with aspiration pneumonia may have a positive history of:
- Predisposing condition
- Altered level of consciousness
Common symptoms of aspiration pneumonia include:
Less Common Symptoms
Less common symptoms of aspiration pneumonia include:
- Marik, Paul E. (2001). "Aspiration Pneumonitis and Aspiration Pneumonia". New England Journal of Medicine. 344 (9): 665–671. doi:10.1056/NEJM200103013440908. ISSN 0028-4793.
- DiBardino, David M.; Wunderink, Richard G. (2015). "Aspiration pneumonia: A review of modern trends". Journal of Critical Care. 30 (1): 40–48. doi:10.1016/j.jcrc.2014.07.011. ISSN 0883-9441.
- Wei, Chaojie; Cheng, Zhenshun; Zhang, Li; Yang, Jiong (2013). "Microbiology and prognostic factors of hospital- and community-acquired aspiration pneumonia in respiratory intensive care unit". American Journal of Infection Control. 41 (10): 880–884. doi:10.1016/j.ajic.2013.01.007. ISSN 0196-6553.
- Luk, James KH; Chen, Daniel KY (2014). "Preventing aspiration pneumonia in older people: do we have the 'know-how'?". Hong Kong Medical Journal. doi:10.12809/hkmj144251. ISSN 1024-2708.
- Taylor, Joanne K.; Fleming, Gillian B.; Singanayagam, Aran; Hill, Adam T.; Chalmers, James D. (2013). "Risk Factors for Aspiration in Community-acquired Pneumonia: Analysis of a Hospitalized UK Cohort". The American Journal of Medicine. 126 (11): 995–1001. doi:10.1016/j.amjmed.2013.07.012. ISSN 0002-9343.