major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR51
|Haplotypes groups||DRA*01:DRB5*01 DRA*01:DRB5*02|
|Structure (See HLA-DR)|
beta 5 *01 *02
DRB5 locus is only apparent in a small subset of DR haplotypes, and most individuals lack DRB3.
DRB5* is subdivided into two allele groups, DRB5*01 and DRB5*02. B5*01 encodes 14 alleles and 11 isoforms. B5*02 encoded 4 alleles that can generate 4 isoforms. Only 3 of these have been surveyed by serotyping. There are numerous null genes at this locus.
DRB5*01 allele group
- 14 Alleles: 11 proteins, 2 Nulls
- DR51 Serotype: *0101, *0102
- Serotype unknown: *0103 to *0107, *0109, *0110 to *0113
- Nulls: *0108N, *0110N
DRB5*02 allele group
- 4 Alleles: 4 proteins
- DR51 Serotype: *0202,
- Serotype unknown: *0203 to *0205
DR51 serotype is positively associated with The following HLA-DRB5 alleles are associated with disease:
HLA-DRB5 (DR51)is linked to the following HLA-DR serotypes and DRB1 allele groups.
- ↑ Gorski J, Rollini P, Mach B (1987). "Structural comparison of the genes of two HLA-DR supertypic groups: the loci encoding DRw52 and DRw53 are not truly allelic". Immunogenetics 25 (6): 397-402. PMID 3596674.
- ↑ Gongora R, Figueroa F, Klein J (1996). "The HLA-DRB9 gene and the origin of HLA-DR haplotypes". Hum. Immunol. 51 (1): 23-31. PMID 8911994.
- ↑ derived from IMGT/HLA
- ↑ Sospedra M, Muraro P, Stefanová I, Zhao Y, Chung K, Li Y, Giulianotti M, Simon R, Mariuzza R, Pinilla C, Martin R (2006). "Redundancy in antigen-presenting function of the HLA-DR and -DQ molecules in the multiple sclerosis-associated HLA-DR2 haplotype.". J Immunol 176 (3): 1951-61. PMID 16424227.
- ↑ Joko S, Numaga J, Kawashima H, Namisato M, Maeda H (2000). "Human leukocyte antigens in forms of leprosy among Japanese patients.". Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis 68 (1): 49-56. PMID 10834069.
HLA DR Serotypes
|DR - DR1 - DR2 - DR3 - DR4 - DR5 - DR6 - DR7 - DR8 - DR9 - DR10 - DR11 - DR12 - DR13 - DR14 - DR15 - DR16 - DR17 - DR18 - DR51 - DR52 - DR53|
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies