- 2 thiosulfate + 2 ferricytochrome c tetrathionate + 2 ferrocytochrome c
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on a sulfur group of donors with a cytochrome as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is thiosulfate:ferricytochrome-c oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include tetrathionate synthase, thiosulfate oxidase, thiosulfate-oxidizing enzyme, and thiosulfate-acceptor oxidoreductase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Lu, W-P and Kelly DP (1988). "Cellular location and partial purification of the 'thiosulphate-oxidizing enzyme' and 'trithionate hydrolase' from Thiobacillus tepidarius". J. Gen. Microbiol. 134: 877&ndash, 885.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9076-88-4.