- ATP + thiamine AMP + thiamine diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring two phosphorus-containing groups (diphosphotransferases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:thiamine diphosphotransferase. Other names in common use include thiamin kinase, thiamine pyrophosphokinase, ATP:thiamin pyrophosphotransferase, thiamin pyrophosphokinase, thiamin pyrophosphotransferase, thiaminokinase, thiamin:ATP pyrophosphotransferase, and TPTase. This enzyme participates in thiamine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Leuthardt F and Nielsen H (1952). "Phosphorylation biologique de la thiamine". Helv. Chim. Acta. 35: 1196&ndash, 1209.
- Shimazono N, Mano Y, Tanaka R and Kajiro Y (Tokyo). "Mechanism of transpyrophosphorylation with thiamine pyrophosphokinase". J. Biochem.: 959&ndash, 961. Check date values in:
- Steyn-Parve EP (1952). "Partial purification and properties of thiaminokinase from yeast". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 8: 310&ndash, 324.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-24-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|