- (S)-tetrahydroberberine + 2 O2 berberine + 2 H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-tetrahydroberberine:oxygen oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called (S)-THB oxidase. This enzyme participates in alkaloid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Amann M, Nagakura N and Zenk MH (1984). "(S)-Tetrahydroprotoberberine oxidase the final enzyme in protoberberine biosynthesis". Tetrahedron Lett. 25: 953&ndash, 954.
- Okada N, Shinmyo A, Okada H and Yamada Y (1988). "Purification and characterization of (S)-tetrahydroberberine oxidase from cultured Coptis japonica cells". Phytochemistry. 27: 979&ndash, 982.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 114705-00-9.