- hydrogen sulfide + acceptor + 3 H2O sulfite + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on a sulfur group of donors with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is hydrogen-sulfide:acceptor oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include assimilatory sulfite reductase, assimilatory-type sulfite reductase, and hydrogen-sulfide:(acceptor) oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in selenoamino acid metabolism and sulfur metabolism. It employs one cofactor, iron.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Asada K (1967). "Purification and properties of a sulfite reductase from leaf tissue". J. Biol. Chem. 242: 3646&ndash, 54. PMID 6038492.
- Asada K, Tamura G, Bandurski RS (1969). "Methyl viologen-linked sulfite reductase from spinach leaves". J. Biol. Chem. 244: 4904&ndash, 15. PMID 5824566.
- Yoshimoto A, Nakamura T, Sato R (Tokyo). "Isolation from Aspergillus nidulans, of a protein catalyzing the reduction of sulfite by reduced viologen dyes". J. Biochem.: 756&ndash, 66. PMID 5589532. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37256-51-2.