This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Soramimi kashi (空耳歌詞; lit. "misheard lyrics") is a word used in the Japanese language to describe lyrics of a song that sound like the original, but are actually made up.
- Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei...
- "You want to leave but you don't want, don't want to take me..."
The soramimi version of which is:
- 米さ, 米酒か, 飲ま飲まイェイ！飲ま飲まイェイ！
- Bei sa, beishu ka, nomanoma-iei! Nomanoma-iei!
- "American, is it, American wine, drink it drink it yeah! Drink it drink it yeah!"
Japanese comedian and TV personality Tamori has had a long-running "Soramimi Hour" segment on his TV program (Tamori Club), where he and his co-host watch mini-skits based on soramimi kashi submitted by the audience.
Further examples (from "Soramimi Hour"):
From Sean Paul's "Fire Links Intro":
- Mayday! [...] Dutty [...] Sean Paul! This one is hot!
- 目痛い! [...] どっち？ [...] シャンプー! リンスは無いさ!
- Me itai! [...] Docchi? [...] Shanpū! Rinsu wa nai sa!
- My eyes hurt! [...] Which one? [...] The shampoo! There isn't any more hair conditioner!
- Yo Meth! hold up, hold up, yo Meth! Where my Killer tape at ya?
- よ よ 嫁! ホラホラ 嫁! フマキラー付いてるよ
- Yo yo yome! Hora hora yome! Fumakirā tsuiteru yo.
- Hey hey daughter-in-law! Look look daughter-in-law! You've got Fumakilla [a Japanese brand of insecticide] stuck to you
- Because now it's on me [...] Don't understand it. Ow!
- びっくりしたオバサンに [...] どんなのしてんだ? 青!
- Bikkurishita obasan ni [...] Donna no shitenda? Ao!
- [I said] to a surprised older woman [...] What kind are you wearing? Blue!
- Meaner than a junkyard dog
- Ni dome no Tōkyō Dōmu
- Tokyo Dome a second time
- I want to hold your hand
- Aho na hōnyōhan
- Idiotic public urination. ("hōnyōhan" is a legal term for the crime.)
From Emerson, Lake & Palmer's "Benny the Bouncer"
- He'd slash your granny's face up given half the chance
- 久しぶり そいつはゲイだな部長
- Hisashiburi soitsu wa gei da na buchō
- Long time no see; that person's gay, boss.
From Scorpions' "You Give Me All I Need"
- You Give Me All I Need
- Yukimi onanī
- Watching snow and masturbating
From Filippa Giordano's Casta Diva
- A noi volgi, a noi volgi
- あの イボ痔 あの イボ痔
- Ano iboji, ano iboji
- Um, I have hemorrhoids, um, I have hemorrhoids
From the Gipsy Kings' "Bem, Bem, María"
- No te vayas / vuelve ya / tú no me dejas / tú no me digas [Don't go away / come back now / you don't leave me / you don't tell me]
- あんたがた ほれ見や 車ないか こりゃ まずいよ
- Antagata, hore miya, kuruma naika. Korya mazuiyo.
- Hey guys, look here, the car's gone. Oh, that's bad.
From Mudhoney's "Here Comes Sickness"
- There goes sickness! There goes sickness! There goes sickness, in my daddy's car!
- レンコン好きです! レンコン好きです! レンコン好きです! 今 誰っすか?
- Renkon suki desu! Renkon suki desu! Renkon suki desu! Ima daressu ka?
- I love lotus roots! I love lotus roots! I love lotus roots! Just now, who was that?