- ATP + protein L-histidine ADP + protein Ntau-phospho-L-histidine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring a phosphate group to the sidechain of histidine residues in proteins (protein-histidine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:protein-L-histidine Ntau-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include ATP:protein-L-histidine N-tele-phosphotransferase, histidine kinase (ambiguous), histidine protein kinase (ambiguous), protein histidine kinase (ambiguous), protein kinase (histidine) (ambiguous), and HK3.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Fujitaki JM, Fung G, Oh EY, Smith RA (1981). "Characterization of chemical and enzymatic acid-labile phosphorylation of histone H4 using phosphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance". Biochemistry. 20: 3658&ndash, 64. PMID 7196259.
- Huebner VD, Matthews HR (1985). "Phosphorylation of histidine in proteins by a nuclear extract of Physarum polycephalum plasmodia". J. Biol. Chem. 260: 16106&ndash, 13. PMID 4066704.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 99283-67-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|