- alpha-D-mannose 1-phosphate D-mannose 6-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically the phosphotransferases (phosphomutases), which transfer phosphate groups within a molecule. The systematic name of this enzyme class is alpha-D-mannose 1,6-phosphomutase. Other names in common use include mannose phosphomutase, phosphomannose mutase, and D-mannose 1,6-phosphomutase. This enzyme participates in fructose and mannose metabolism. It has 2 cofactors: D-glucose 1,6-bisphosphate, and D-Mannose 1,6-bisphosphate.
As of late 2007, 18 structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1K2Y, 1K35, 1P5D, 1P5G, 1PCJ, 1PCM, 1WQA, 2AMY, 2F7L, 2FKF, 2FKM, 2FUC, 2FUE, 2H4L, 2H5A, 2I54, 2I55, and 2Q4R.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Small DM and Matheson NK (1979). "Phosphomannomutase and phosphoglucomutase in developing Cassia corymbosa seeds". Phytochemistry. 18: 1147&ndash, 1150.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 59536-73-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|