(Redirected from Papillae)
A papilla (plural: papillae) can be:
- A small projection, such as a nipple-like projection on the skin, at the base of a hair or the root of a feather; the base of a new tooth.
- A pimple or blister
- An interdental papilla is the part of the gingiva located between teeth.
- Dental papilla
- Renal papilla
- Lacrimal papilla
- Mammary papilla
- Any of the small projections on the top of the tongue:
- Alternative name for the Optic disc of the eye.
- Genital papilla, found in fishes.