Jump to navigation Jump to search
An ostium is a small opening or orifice, as in a body organ or passage.
- Ostium of Fallopian tube.
- Ostium primum or foramen ovale (ostium secundum) of the developing heart.
- Ostium maxillare of the Maxillary Sinus
- Ostium of uterus
- Ostium vaginae (vaginal orifice)
- Coronary ostium (Opening of coronary arteries at root of aorta, superior to aortic valve)
Ostial disease refer to diseases involving the ostium of a body organ, passage or vessel. In particular, ostial stenosis is a narrowing in a ostium. It can refer to:
- Coronary ostial stenosis
- Renal ostial stenosis