Non-specific serine/threonine protein kinase
- ATP + a protein ADP + a phosphoprotein
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphates to the oxygen atom of a serine or threonine sidechain in proteins (protein-serine/threonine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:protein phosphotransferase (non-specific). Other names in common use include A-kinase, AP50 kinase, ATP-protein transphosphorylase, calcium-dependent protein kinase C, calcium/phospholipid-dependent protein kinase, cAMP-dependent protein kinase, cAMP-dependent protein kinase A, casein kinase, casein kinase (phosphorylating), casein kinase 2, casein kinase I, casein kinase II, cGMP-dependent protein kinase, CK-2, CKI, CKII, cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase, cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase A, cyclic monophosphate-dependent protein kinase, cyclic nucleotide-dependent protein kinase, cyclin-dependent kinase, cytidine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate-responsive protein kinase, dsk1, glycogen synthase a kinase, glycogen synthase kinase, HIPK2, Hpr kinase, hydroxyalkyl-protein kinase, hydroxyalkyl-protein kinase, M phase-specific cdc2 kinase, mitogen-activated S6 kinase, p82 kinase, phosphorylase b kinase kinase, PKA, protein glutamyl kinase, protein kinase (phosphorylating), protein kinase A, protein kinase CK2, protein kinase p58, protein phosphokinase, protein serine kinase, protein serine-threonine kinase, protein-aspartyl kinase, protein-cysteine kinase, protein-serine kinase, Prp4 protein kinase, Raf kinase, Raf-1, ribosomal protein S6 kinase II, ribosomal S6 protein kinase, serine kinase, serine protein kinase, serine-specific protein kinase, serine(threonine) protein kinase, serine/threonine protein kinase, STK32, T-antigen kinase, threonine-specific protein kinase, twitchin kinase, type-2 casein kinase, betaIIPKC, epsilon PKC, Wee 1-like kinase, Wee-kinase, and WEE1Hu. This enzyme participates in 55 metabolic pathways: neurodegenerative disorders, ppar signaling pathway, mapk signaling pathway, erbb signaling pathway, cell cycle, cell cycle - yeast, p53 signaling pathway, regulation of autophagy, mtor signaling pathway, apoptosis, wnt signaling pathway, dorso-ventral axis formation, hedgehog signaling pathway, tgf-beta signaling pathway, axon guidance, vegf signaling pathway, focal adhesion, adherens junction, tight junction, gap junction, toll-like receptor signaling pathway, jak-stat signaling pathway, natural killer cell mediated cytotoxicity, t cell receptor signaling pathway, b cell receptor signaling pathway, fc epsilon ri signaling pathway, leukocyte transendothelial migration, circadian rhythm, long-term potentiation, long-term depression, regulation of actin cytoskeleton, insulin signaling pathway, gnrh signaling pathway, progesterone-mediated oocyte maturation, melanogenesis, adipocytokine signaling pathway, parkinson's disease, epithelial cell signaling in helicobacter pylori, [], pathogenic escherichia coli infection - ehec, pathogenic escherichia coli infection - epec, colorectal cancer, renal cell carcinoma, pancreatic cancer, endometrial cancer, glioma, prostate cancer, thyroid cancer, basal cell carcinoma, and melanoma.
As of late 2007, 91 structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1MRY, 1UL7, 1WAK, 2CKE, 2CMW, 2CN5, 2CN8, 2DWB, 2EHB, 2H34, 2H6D, 2H9V, 2HAK, 2HOG, 2HW6, 2HW7, 2HXL, 2HXQ, 2HY0, 2HY8, 2I3S, 2ILL, 2IWI, 2IZR, 2IZS, 2IZT, 2IZU, 2J0I, 2J2I, 2J4Z, 2J50, 2J51, 2J7T, 2J8H, 2J8O, 2J90, 2JBO, 2JBP, 2JD5, 2JDO, 2JDR, 2JFL, 2JFM, 2JII, 2JO8, 2NP8, 2NRU, 2NRY, 2NZI, 2O3P, 2O63, 2O64, 2O65, 2OBJ, 2OI4, 2OIB, 2OIC, 2OID, 2OKR, 2ONL, 2OOX, 2OOY, 2OV2, 2OXD, 2OXX, 2OXY, 2OZA, 2P3G, 2PE0, 2PE1, 2PE2, 2PVR, 2PZI, 2PZY, 2Q0N, 2QKW, 2QLV, 2QME, 2QNJ, 2UUE, 2UV2, 2UVM, 2UW9, 2UZR, 2UZS, 2V3S, 2V62, 2V8Q, 2V92, 2V9J, and 2YWP.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Damuni Z, Reed LJ (1988). "Purification and properties of a protamine kinase and a type II casein kinase from bovine kidney mitochondria". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 262: 574&ndash, 84. PMID 2835010.
- Baggio B, Pinna LA, Moret V, Siliprandi N (1970). "A simple procedure for the purification of rat liver phosvitin kinase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 212: 515&ndash, 7. PMID 5456997.
- Jergil B, Dixon GH (1970). "Protamine kinase from rainbow trout testis. Partial purification and characterization". J. Biol. Chem. 245: 425&ndash, 34. PMID 4312674.
- Langan TA (1969). "Action of adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate-dependent histone kinase in vivo". J. Biol. Chem. 244: 5763&ndash, 5. PMID 4310608.
- Takeuchi M, Yanagida M (1993). "A mitotic role for a novel fission yeast protein kinase dsk1 with cell cycle stage dependent phosphorylation and localization". Mol. Biol. Cell. 4: 247&ndash, 60. PMID 8485317.
- NF (1997). "Functional analysis of the fission yeast Prp4 protein kinase involved in pre-mRNA splicing and isolation of a putative mammalian homologue". Nucleic. Acids. Res. 25: 1028&ndash, 35. PMID 9102632.
- Wang Y, Hofmann TG, Runkel L, Haaf T, Schaller H, Debatin K, Hug H (2001). "Isolation and characterization of cDNAs for the protein kinase HIPK2". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1518: 168&ndash, 72. PMID 11267674.
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|