Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kazda and Muller 1979, ATCC 33013
Please Take Over This Page and Apply to be Editor-In-Chief for this topic: There can be one or more than one Editor-In-Chief. You may also apply to be an Associate Editor-In-Chief of one of the subtopics below. Please mail us  to indicate your interest in serving either as an Editor-In-Chief of the entire topic or as an Associate Editor-In-Chief for a subtopic. Please be sure to attach your CV and or biographical sketch.
Gram-positive, nonmotile, short to moderately long and acid-fast rods.
- Eugonic, smooth, glistening and yellow-beige pigmented colonies. On Middlebrook 7H10 agar 0.5-2mm in diameter with entire margins.
- Growth on Löwenstein-Jensen media and Middlebrook 7H10 agar at temperatures between 22°C-37°C in less than 7 days.
- Optimal growth at 31°C, no growth at 45°C.
- Uniqueness of species supported by antigenic analysis (immunodiffusion) and specific lipid patterns.
- A numerical taxonomy comparison showed close relationship to Mycobacterium aichiense.
- Not known to be pathogenic in animals or humans.
- Biosafety level 1
- First isolated from intact sphagnum vegetation in the Komosse sphagnum bog in southern Sweden and Atlantic coastal area of Norway.
Strain Ko 2 = ATCC 33013 = CIP 105293 = DSM 44078 = HAMBI 2279 = HAMBI 2280 = JCM 12408.
- Kazda,J., K. Muller. 1979. Mycobacterium komossense sp. nov. International Journal of Systematic Bacteriology, 29, 361-365.]
de:Mycobacterium komossense nl:Mycobacterium komossense