Tsukamura et al. 1983, ATCC 51304
Please Take Over This Page and Apply to be Editor-In-Chief for this topic: There can be one or more than one Editor-In-Chief. You may also apply to be an Associate Editor-In-Chief of one of the subtopics below. Please mail us  to indicate your interest in serving either as an Editor-In-Chief of the entire topic or as an Associate Editor-In-Chief for a subtopic. Please be sure to attach your CV and or biographical sketch.
Gram-positive, nonmotile and acid-fast rods (2-6µm x 0.5µm).
- White smooth and non-photochromogenic colonies.
- Fast growth at 28°C and 37°C within 3 days, no growth at 42°C.
- Resistant to isoniazid, rifampin, Susceptible to ethambutol.
Differential characteristics Belongs to the M. parafortuitum complex. Which unifies rapidly growing, scotochromogenic mycobacteria (M. parafortuitum, M. aurum, M. neoaurum, M. diernhoferi and M. austroafricanum).
- Not associated with disease. Biosafety level 1.
First isolated from soil in a cattle field (Germany). Strain 41001 = ATCC 19340 = CIP 105384 = DSM 43524 = HAMBI 2269 = IFO (now NBRC) 14756 = JCM 6371.
- Tsukamura et al. 1983. Numerical taxonomy of rapidly growing, scotochromogenic mycobacteria of the Mycobacterium parafortuitum complex: Mycobacterium austroafricanum sp. nov. and Mycobacterium diernhoferi sp. nov., nom. rev. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol.,33, 460-469.
de:Mycobacterium diernhoferi nl:Mycobacterium diernhoferi