Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tsukamura 1981, ATCC 27406
Please Take Over This Page and Apply to be Editor-In-Chief for this topic: There can be one or more than one Editor-In-Chief. You may also apply to be an Associate Editor-In-Chief of one of the subtopics below. Please mail us  to indicate your interest in serving either as an Editor-In-Chief of the entire topic or as an Associate Editor-In-Chief for a subtopic. Please be sure to attach your CV and or biographical sketch.
- Gram-positive, nonmotile and acid-fast rods (3-7µm long). Frequently join to grow in long threads.
- Rough, and nonphotochromogenic colonies.
- Rapid growth on egg media at 22-45°C, not at 52°C, in less than 5 days.
- Niacin negative, catalase positive, β-galactosidase usually positive.
- Tween 80 not hydrolysed after 14 days.
- Resistant to 5% NaCl, p-nitrobenzoic acid (0.5mg/ml) and thiophene-2-carboxylic acid hydrazide (1mg/l).
Not associated with disease.
- Found in soil world-wide
- Strain 90012 = ATCC 27406 = CCUG 37673 A = CIP 105391 = DSM 44515 = JCM 6377.
- Tsukamura,M. 1981. Numerical analysis of rapidly growing, nonphotochromogenic mycobacteria, including Mycobacterium agri (Tsukamura 1972) Tsukamura sp. nov., nom. rev. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 31, 247-258.
de:Mycobacterium agri nl:Mycobacterium agri