- CMP-N-acetylneuraminate + D-galactosyl-N-acetyl-D-galactosaminyl-(N-acetylneuraminyl)-D- galactosyl-D-glucosylceramide CMP + N-acetylneuraminyl-D-galactosyl-N-acetyl-D-galactosaminyl-(N- acetylneuraminyl)-D-galactosyl-D-glucosylceramide
The 3 substrates of this enzyme are CMP-N-acetylneuraminate, D-galactosyl-N-acetyl-D-galactosaminyl-(N-acetylneuraminyl)-D-, and galactosyl-D-glucosylceramide, whereas its 3 products are CMP, N-acetylneuraminyl-D-galactosyl-N-acetyl-D-galactosaminyl-(N-, and acetylneuraminyl)-D-galactosyl-D-glucosylceramide.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those glycosyltransferases that do not transfer hexosyl or pentosyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is CMP-N-acetylneuraminate:D-galactosyl-N-acetyl-D-galactosaminyl-(N-ac etylneuraminyl)-D-galactosyl-D-glucosylceramide N-acetylneuraminyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Rearick JI, Sadler JE, Paulson JC, Hill RL (1979). "Enzymatic characterization of beta D-galactoside alpha2 leads to 3 sialyltransferase from porcine submaxillary gland". J. Biol. Chem. 254: 4444&ndash, 51. PMID 438198.
- Yip MC (1973). "The enzymic synthesis of disialoganglioside: rat brain cytidine-5'-monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid: monosialoganglioside (G M1 ) sialyltransferase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 306: 298&ndash, 306. PMID 4351506.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 60202-12-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|