Jordan Phosphate Mines
|Jordan Phospate Mines|
|Headquarters||Template:Country data Jordan Amman|
|Products||Phosphates, fertilizer, chemicals|
|Revenue||2005 gross profit = JD65 million|
Jordan Phosphate Mines is a mining company based in Jordan. It was founded in 1949 and its main offices are located in Amman. The company operates 3 mining facilities in Jordan and a chemical manufacturing complex in Aqaba. The company's name is abbreviated to JPMC and its stock is listed on the Amman Stock Exchange's ASE Weighted Index.
According to the company's website, more than 60% of the area of Jordan has phosphate deposits at minable depth, and JPMC is currently the only company mining phosphates in Jordan. JPMC's three mining facilities are located in:
- Al-Ruseifa, 15 kilometers north of Amman, commencing in 1935
- Al-Hassa and Al-Abiad, 135 kilometers south of Amman, commencing in 1962 and 1979
- Eshidiya, 125 kilometers northeast of Aqaba, commencing in 1989
In 1986, Jordan Phosphate Mines bought out the Jordan Fertilizer Company, in which it had a 25% share of stock; the Jordanian government had owned 50% of the company. Jordan Fertilizer at the time was operating a chemical and fertilizer manufacturing complex in Aqaba, which was taken over by JPMC.
JPMC's Aqaba complex produces fertilizer and chemicsls, including:
- Phosphoric acid - used to make fertilizers, detergents, pharmaceuticals, steel and cola
- Diammonium phosphate - DAP fertilizer
- Sulphuric acid - many uses
- Aluminium flouride - used as a catalyst in the manufacture of aluminium and magnesium; used as a ceramic glaze
Affiliations and partnerships
JPMC's corporate partnerships include:
- A 2007 memorandum of understanding signed with IFFCO - Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative, "the largest fertilizer manufacturer in India"
- Indo-Jordan Chemicals, held by JPMC, Southern Petrochemical Industries of India and The Arab Investment Company of Saudi Arabia
- Nippon Jordan Fertilizer Company - a joint venture held by JPMC, the Arab Potash Company, and a Japanese consortium, comprised of ZEN-NOH, Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical and Asahi Kasei.
- Template:En Jordan Phosphate Mines - official website
- Jordan Phosphate Mines - official website - Financials
- Jordan Phosphate Mines - official website - Joint ventures