Glutathione dehydrogenase (ascorbate)
- 2 glutathione + dehydroascorbate glutathione disulfide + ascorbate
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on a sulfur group of donors with a quinone or similar compound as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is glutathione:dehydroascorbate oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include dehydroascorbic reductase, dehydroascorbic acid reductase, glutathione dehydroascorbate reductase, DHA reductase, dehydroascorbate reductase, GDOR, and glutathione:dehydroascorbic acid oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: ascorbate and aldarate metabolism, glutamate metabolism, and glutathione metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Crook EM (1941). "The system dehydroascorbic acid-glutathione". Biochem. J. 35: 226&ndash, 236.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-38-4.