Dental anesthesiology is the specialty of dentistry that deals with the management of pain through the use of advanced local and general anesthesia techniques.
United States and Canada
Dental Anesthesiology training is usually 36 months in length and accredited and overseen by CODA. The American Dental Board of Anesthesiology examines and certifies dentists who complete an accredited program of anesthesiology training in the United States or Canada. Dentists may then apply for Board Certification through the ADBA which requires ongoing and continual post-graduate education for maintenance.1
- The American Dental Board of Anesthesiology1
- The American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists2
- he American Dental Society of Anesthesiology3
- Accreditation Standards for Advanced Dental Education Programs in Dental Anesthesiology4
- The Australian Society of Dental Anaesthesiology5