D-lactate dehydrogenase (cytochrome c-553)
- (R)-lactate + 2 ferricytochrome c-553 pyruvate + 2 ferrocytochrome c-553
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with a cytochrome as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-lactate:ferricytochrome-c-553 2-oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in pyruvate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Ogata M, Arihara K and Yagi T (Tokyo). "D-Lactate dehydrogenase of Desulfovibrio vulgaris". J. Biochem.: 1423&ndash, 1431. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-79-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes