Starting a Wiki Doc Page
Before starting a new page, always search for its synonyms. (click here to learn how)
Log in to Get Credit!
- In the upper right corner there is a link to log in.
- Enter the required information including your full name.
- Select ‘create new account’
- Your account has been created!
Ensure that you are logged in every time you are making a contribution. In the event that you fail to log in, your IP address will appear in place of your name and you will not receive the credit due for your contribution.
Create a New Page
- Enter the name of the topic you wish to contribute to by typing the name into the search bar on the left hand side of the page.
- Clicking Go searches for pages with that Title that exist
- Clicking Search searches for the keyword that you entered anywhere on any page.
- If you clicked Go and a page with the title of the topic you were interested in appears, click on the topic, and the page for that topic will appear. You can begin to edit as described above.
- If you clicked Go and in the event you are contributing a topic (this would be a new page) that has not yet been added to WikiDoc, you will get the following response:
- There is no page titled what you just typed. You can create this page.
- You should then click on the red text which says "Create this page" to create a page with that name.
- This will bring you to the edit page for that topic
- If you are adding a new disease, then please copy and paste the text from the page called Template to add a New Disease by clicking on this link: Template to add a New Disease. This allows all of the pages on WikiDoc to have a similar look and feel, and a table of contents will automatically be created for your page. The template comes programmed with this automatic Table of Contents function.
- To copy and past the contents of the Template to add a New Disease page, click on the button labeled edit at the top
- Right click on your mouse and click on select all
- Right click on your mouse and click on copy
- Go back to the page you are creating and click on edit at the top
- Right click on the mouse and paste the contents that you copied from the Template to add a New Disease page.
- Insert information pertaining to the various subtopics where appropriate.
- When you are finished, click on ‘Save Page’ at the very bottom of the screen.
- The pages added can then be 'watched' or 'monitored' and in the event that someone adds something to your page, you will be able to track this. Simply check the tab at the top of the page marked ‘watch’.
Some information on this page is attributable to Wikipedia and its contributors
Please take a moment to read the Site Disclaimer.
Any therapeutic recommendations found on these pages are for educational purposes only, and should utilize the classification scheme descibed on theRecommendations page to indicate the strength of the data supporting the recommendaiton.