Coronary heart disease CT
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Coronary heart disease Microchapters
Coronary heart disease CT On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Coronary heart disease CT
Risk calculators and risk factors for Coronary heart disease CT
Clinical practice guidelines address the usage of coronary computed tomographic angiography (CCTA).
The role of coronary computed tomographic angiography (CCTA) versus functional testing is not clear:
- The SCOT-HEART trial in 2015 did not find clear statistical evidence of benefit anlthought there was a trend towards less cardiac outcomes among patients who received CTA
- The PROMISE trial in 2015 did not find benefit
- A meta-analysis in 2018 that included the SCOT-HEART and PROMISE trials found not benefit
- Subsequent publication of longer term follow-up of the SCOT-HEART trial found cardiac benefit The benefit may be in part due to "During follow-up, patients assigned to CTA were more likely than patients assigned to standard care alone to have commenced preventive therapies (19.4% [402 patients] vs. 14.7% [305 patients]; odds ratio, 1.40; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.19 to 1.65)." This is larger than the difference in clinical outcomes, "2.3% [48 patients] in the CTA group vs. 3.9% [81 patients] in the standard-care group; hazard ratio, 0.59; 95% CI, 0.41 to 0.84; P=0.004."
CCTA may best benefit patients with intermediate risk.
Coronary calcium scores
Noninvasive fractional flow reserve
Estimation of fractional flow reserve using coronary computed tomographic angiography (FFRCT) did not reduce cardiac events over one year.
Epidural fatpad thickness
- ↑ Knuuti J, Wijns W, Saraste A, Capodanno D, Barbato E, Funck-Brentano C; et al. (2020). "2019 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of chronic coronary syndromes". Eur Heart J. 41 (3): 407–477. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehz425. PMID 31504439.
- ↑ Fihn SD, Gardin JM, Abrams J, Berra K, Blankenship JC, Dallas AP; et al. (2012). "2012 ACCF/AHA/ACP/AATS/PCNA/SCAI/STS guideline for the diagnosis and management of patients with stable ischemic heart disease: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association task force on practice guidelines, and the American College of Physicians, American Association for Thoracic Surgery, Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, and Society of Thoracic Surgeons". Circulation. 126 (25): 3097–137. doi:10.1161/CIR.0b013e3182776f83. PMID 23166210. Check
- ↑ SCOT-HEART investigators (2015). "CT coronary angiography in patients with suspected angina due to coronary heart disease (SCOT-HEART): an open-label, parallel-group, multicentre trial". Lancet. 385 (9985): 2383–91. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(15)60291-4. PMID 25788230.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Douglas PS, Hoffmann U, Patel MR, Mark DB, Al-Khalidi HR, Cavanaugh B; et al. (2015). "Outcomes of anatomical versus functional testing for coronary artery disease". N Engl J Med. 372 (14): 1291–300. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1415516. PMC 4473773. PMID 25773919. Review in: Evid Based Med. 2015 Aug;20(4):145 Review in: Ann Intern Med. 2015 Aug 18;163(4):JC11
- ↑ Siontis GC, Mavridis D, Greenwood JP, Coles B, Nikolakopoulou A, Jüni P; et al. (2018). "Outcomes of non-invasive diagnostic modalities for the detection of coronary artery disease: network meta-analysis of diagnostic randomised controlled trials". BMJ. 360: k504. doi:10.1136/bmj.k504. PMC 5820645. PMID 29467161.
- ↑ SCOT-HEART Investigators. Newby DE, Adamson PD, Berry C, Boon NA, Dweck MR; et al. (2018). "Coronary CT Angiography and 5-Year Risk of Myocardial Infarction". N Engl J Med. 379 (10): 924–933. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1805971. PMID 30145934. Review in: Ann Intern Med. 2018 Dec 18;169(12):JC70
- ↑ Han D, Beecy A, Anchouche K, Gransar H, Dunham PC, Lee JH; et al. (2019). "Risk Reclassification With Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography-Visualized Nonobstructive Coronary Artery Disease According to 2018 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Cholesterol Guidelines (from the Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography Evaluation for Clinical Outcomes : An International Multicenter Registry [CONFIRM])". Am J Cardiol. 124 (9): 1397–1405. doi:10.1016/j.amjcard.2019.07.045. PMID 31547994.
- ↑ DISCHARGE Trial Group. Maurovich-Horvat P, Bosserdt M, Kofoed KF, Rieckmann N, Benedek T; et al. (2022). "CT or Invasive Coronary Angiography in Stable Chest Pain". N Engl J Med. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa2200963. PMID 35240010 Check
- ↑ Douglas PS, De Bruyne B, Pontone G, Patel MR, Norgaard BL, Byrne RA; et al. (2016). "1-Year Outcomes of FFRCT-Guided Care in Patients With Suspected Coronary Disease: The PLATFORM Study". J Am Coll Cardiol. 68 (5): 435–445. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2016.05.057. PMID 27470449.