Ciba Specialty Chemicals
Ciba Specialty Chemicals is a chemical company based in and near Basel, Switzerland. It was formed as the non-pharmaceuticals elements of Novartis were spun out in 1997, following the merger in the previous year of Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz that created Novartis.
They make products in the following areas: Agriculture, Automotive, Construction & Pipes, Electronic materials, Extractive & Process Technologies, Home & Fabric Care, Inks & Graphics, Lubricants, Monomers & Water Soluble Polymers, Packaging, Paints and Coatings, Paper, Personal Care, Photo & Digital Imaging, Plastics & Rubber, Textiles & Fibers, Water treatment 
Part of the merger agreement between Ciba Geigy and Sandoz was that the former's industrial chemicals business would be spun off as a separate business, leading to the formation of Ciba Specialty Chemicals plc.
Board of Directors
- Armin Meyer Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
- Beat W. Hess Vice Chairman of the Board
- Utz-Hellmuth Felcht Member of the Board
- Erwin W. Heri Member of the Board
- Gertrud Höhler Member of the Board
- Jean-Marie Pierre Lehn Member of the Board
- Peter Littmann Member of the Board
- Uli Sigg Member of the Board
links talk view