|When normal cells are damaged beyond repair, they are eliminated by apoptosis (A). Cancer cells avoid apoptosis and continue to multiply in an unregulated manner (B).|
Cancer On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Cancer
Synonyms and keywords: Neoplasia, malignant; malignant neoplastic conditions
- American Cancer Society
- National Cancer Institute
- Programme of Action for Cancer Therapy
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- Alcohol and cancer
- Diet and cancer
- List of oncology-related terms
- American Association for Cancer Research
- European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC)
- List of cancer types
Professional and Research
- The World Health Organization's cancer site A review of worldwide strategies for the prevention and treatment of cancer.
- World Health Organization's fact sheet on cancer
- Diet, Nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases (including cancer) by a Joint WHO/FAO Expert consultation (2003)
- Cancer Research Fund International (WCRF International) leads a global network of cancer charities. Its UK website carries detailed analysis on the global origins and prevention of cancer.
- PACT: Programme of Action for Cancer Therapy An IAEA Program to establish cancer care capacity and comprehensive cancer control in developing world
- North America
- American Cancer Society Homepage
- American Cancer Society resources on clinical trials
- American Cancer Society Treatment Decision Tools – Trusted tools for helping patients make informed decisions
- Cancer Facts & Figures 2005 - 2005 United States Cancer Statistics
- The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- National Cancer Institute US Government agency responsible for conducting and supporting research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs with respect to the cause, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer, rehabilitation from cancer, and the continuing care of cancer patients and the families of cancer patients.
- Canadian Cancer Statistics 2006 - This publication reports cancer incidence and mortality in Canada, analyzed by gender, age and province/territory.
- Cancer Medicine, 6th Edition Textbook
- EORTC European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer. A European non-profit organization that sets up and executes clinical trials.
- Cancerbackup UK cancer information charity.
- The Institute of Cancer Research One of the world's foremost independent cancer research organisations, based in the United Kingdom.
Support and Advocacy
- American Cancer Society Patient advocate group
- American Association for Cancer Research Survivor and Patient Advocacy
- PACT: Programme of Action for Cancer Therapy: An IAEA Program to establish cancer care capacity and comprehensive cancer control in developing world
- Cancer from MedlinePlus - provides links to news, general sites, diagnosis, treatment and alternative therapies, clinical trials, research, related issues, organizations, other MedlinePlus Cancers Topics and Living with Cancer.
- Cancer Research UK - Cancer Resources - In-depth, up-to-date information for people with a professional or general interest in cancer and health.
- Cancer Council of Australia - Australia's national non-government cancer control organisation, involved in research, information, prevention, patient treatment and support.
- ACOR - Association of Cancer Online Resources ACOR is a unique collection of online communities designed to provide timely and accurate information in a supportive environment. ACOR offers access to mailing lists that provide support, information, and community to everyone affected by cancer and related disorders.
- Inside Cancer Multimedia guide to cancer biology from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Irish Cancer Society
Template:Tumors Template:Link FA Template:Link FA ar:السرطان zh-min-nan:Gâm bs:Rak (bolest) bg:Рак (болест) ca:Càncer cs:Rakovina da:Kræft de:Krebs (Medizin) el:Καρκίνος eo:Kancero (medicino) eu:Minbizi fa:سرطان gd:Aillse ko:암 hi:कर्कट रोग hr:Rak (bolest) id:Kanker is:Krabbamein he:סרטן (מחלה) la:Cancer lt:Vėžys (liga) hu:Rák (betegség) mk:Рак (болест) ms:Penyakit Barah nah:Tecuicihtli nl:Kanker no:Kreft nn:Kreft qu:Apanqara unquy sq:Kanceri simple:Cancer sl:Rak (bolezen) sr:Рак (болест) sh:Rak (bolest) su:Kangker fi:Syöpä sv:Cancer ta:புற்றுநோய் th:มะเร็ง uk:Рак (хвороба) ur:سرطان (عارضہ) wa:Magnant må yi:קענסער zh-yue:癌