- butanoyl-CoA + acceptor 2-butenoyl-CoA + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is butanoyl-CoA:acceptor 2,3-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include butyryl dehydrogenase, unsaturated acyl-CoA reductase, ethylene reductase, enoyl-coenzyme A reductase, unsaturated acyl coenzyme A reductase, butyryl coenzyme A dehydrogenase, short-chain acyl CoA dehydrogenase, short-chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase, 3-hydroxyacyl CoA reductase, and butanoyl-CoA:(acceptor) 2,3-oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: fatty acid metabolism, valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation, and butanoate metabolism. It employs one cofactor, FAD.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Boyer, P.D., Lardy, H. and Myrback, K. (Eds.), The Enzymes, 2nd ed., vol. 7, Academic Press, New York, 1963, p. 447-466.
- MAHLER HR, MACKLER B, GREEN DE (1954). "Studies on metalloflavoproteins. III. Aldehyde oxidase: a molybdoflavoprotein". J. Biol. Chem. 210: 465&ndash, 80. PMID 13201608.
- HAUGE JG, CRANE FL, BEINERT H (1956). "On the mechanism of dehydrogenation of fatty acyl derivatives of coenzyme A. III. Palmityl coA dehydrogenase". J. Biol. Chem. 219: 727&ndash, 33. PMID 13319294.
- MAHLER HR (1954). "Studies on the fatty acid oxidizing system of animal tissues. IV The prosthetic group of butyryl coenzyme A dehydrogenase". J. Biol. Chem. 206: 13&ndash, 26. PMID 13130522.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9027-88-7.