Boulder City Hospital
The hospital was built by the Six Companies while the company was building Hoover Dam. The hospital opened on November 15, 1931 with 20 beds. The hospital closed in 1935 when the dam was finished. It was not until 1943 when the hospital reopened. The old hospital building, currently called the The Life-Giving Spring Retreat Center is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was abandoned when a new building for the hospital opened on December 8, 1973.