Blastomycosis physical examination
Blastomycosis physical examination On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Blastomycosis physical examination
The physical manifestations of the disease depends on the organ of involvement. In the order of incidence the most commonly involved organs are lungs, skin, bones, genitourinary system, central nervous system and other organs.
- Oral ulcers can be seen in some patients
- In cases with skin involvement from direct inoculation, regional lymph node enlargement may be seen.
- No masses
- Abdomen soft and non-distended with no scars or striations
- No pulsatile masses or abdominal bruits ascultated
- Spleen not palpable, liver not palpable
- Ulcerative lesions that bleed easily
- Verrucous lesions with irregular border and variegated appearance
Bone and joints
- Soft tissue swelling around the area of involvement and discharging sinuses might be consistent with osteomyelitis.
- Arthritis can cause reproducible pain in joints.
- Ulcers that bleed on touch
Normal examination finding unless the infection is disseminated to brain resulting in meningitis,then findings include :