- arachidonate + O2 (5Z,8Z,11Z,13E)-(15S)-15-hydroperoxyicosa-5,8,11,13-tetraenoate
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are arachidonate and O2, whereas its product is (5Z,8Z,11Z,13E)-(15S)-15-hydroperoxyicosa-5,8,11,13-tetraenoate.
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on single donors with O2 as oxidant and incorporation of two atoms of oxygen into the substrate (oxygenases). The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2. The systematic name of this enzyme class is arachidonate:oxygen 15-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 15-lipoxygenase, linoleic acid omega6-lipoxygenase, and omega6 lipoxygenase. This enzyme participates in arachidonic acid metabolism and linoleic acid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Bryant RW, Bailey JM, Schewe T, Rapoport SM (1982). "Positional specificity of a reticulocyte lipoxygenase. Conversion of arachidonic acid to 15-S-hydroperoxy-eicosatetraenoic acid". J. Biol. Chem. 257: 6050&ndash, 5. PMID 6804460.
- Narumiya S, Salmon JA (1982). "Arachidonic acid-15-lipoxygenase from rabbit peritoneal polymorphonuclear leukocytes". Methods. Enzymol. 86: 45&ndash, 8. PMID 6813644.
- Oliw EH, Sprecher H (1989). "Metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids by an (n - 6)-lipoxygenase associated with human ejaculates". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1002: 283&ndash, 91. PMID 2496760.
- B (1987). "Primary structure of soybean lipoxygenase-1". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 10080&ndash, 5. PMID 3112136.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 82249-77-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.13 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|