Anterior nasal spine
|Bone: Anterior nasal spine|
|Left maxilla. Nasal surface. (Anterior nasal spine labeled at bottom right.)|
|The skull from the front. (Anterior nasal spine is not labeled, but is visible at bottom of "nose". Maxilla is yellow bone in center.)|
|Latin||spina nasalis anterior maxillae|
|Gray's||subject #38 158|
Medially, the anterior surface of the maxilla is limited by a deep concavity, the nasal notch, the margin of which gives attachment to the Dilatator naris posterior and ends below in a pointed process, which with its fellow of the opposite side forms the anterior nasal spine.
- Diagram at upstate.edu - side
- Diagram at upstate.edu - front
- SUNY Labs 22:os-1911 - "Osteology of the Skull: The Maxilla"
- anterior+nasal+spine+of+maxilla at eMedicine Dictionary
- Roche Lexicon - illustrated navigator, at Elsevier 34256.000-1
- Roche Lexicon - illustrated navigator, at Elsevier 34256.000-2
This article was originally based on an entry from a public domain edition of Gray's Anatomy. As such, some of the information contained herein may be outdated. Please edit the article if this is the case, and feel free to remove this notice when it is no longer relevant.