Jump to navigation Jump to search
Amoebiasis prevention On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Amoebiasis prevention
To help prevent the spread of amoebiasis around the home:
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and hot running water for at least 10 seconds after using the toilet or changing a baby's diaper, and before handling food
- Clean bathrooms and toilets often. Pay particular attention to toilet seats and taps.
- Avoid sharing towels or face washers.
- Avoid raw vegetables when in endemic areas as they may have been fertilized using human feces.
- Boil water or treat with iodine tablets.