- 5,6-dihydroxy-3-methyl-2-oxo-1,2,5,6-tetrahydroquinoline + NAD+ 5,6-dihydroxy-3-methyl-2-oxo-1,2-dihydroquinoline + NADH + H+
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are 5,6-dihydroxy-3-methyl-2-oxo-1,2,5,6-tetrahydroquinoline and NAD+, whereas its 3 products are 5,6-dihydroxy-3-methyl-2-oxo-1,2-dihydroquinoline, NADH, and H+.
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 5,6-dihydroxy-3-methyl-2-oxo-1,2,5,6-tetrahydroquinoline:NAD+ oxidoreductase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Schach S, Schwarz G, Fetzner S, Lingens F (1993). "Microbial metabolism of quinoline and related compounds. XVII Degradation of 3-methylquinoline by Comamonas testosteroni 63". Biol. Chem. Hoppe. Seyler. 374: 175&ndash, 81. PMID 8489738.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0018518: 5,6-dihydroxy-3-methyl-2-oxo-1,2,5,6-tetrahydroquinoline dehydrogenase
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0018518: 5,6-dihydroxy-3-methyl-2-oxo-1,2,5,6-tetrahydroquinoline dehydrogenase