- a 3-oxo-5beta-steroid + acceptor a 3-oxo-Delta4-steroid + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3-oxo-5beta-steroid:acceptor Delta4-oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called 3-oxo-5beta-steroid:(acceptor) Delta4-oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: bile acid biosynthesis, c21-steroid hormone metabolism, and androgen and estrogen metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Davidson SJ, Talalay P (1966). "Purification and mechanism of action of a steroid delta-4-5-beta-dehydrogenase". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 906&ndash, 15. PMID 5907467.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9067-97-4.