- 17alpha,20alpha-dihydroxypregn-4-en-3-one + NAD(P)+ 17alpha-hydroxyprogesterone + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 20alpha-hydroxysteroid:NAD(P)+ 20-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 20alpha-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase, 20alpha-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase, 20alpha-HSD, and 20alpha-HSDH. This enzyme participates in c21-steroid hormone metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Shikita M, Inano H, Tamaoki B (1967). "Further studies on 20-alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase of rat testes". Biochemistry. 6: 1760&ndash, 4. PMID 4382486.
- Strickler RC, Tobias B, Covey DF (1981). "Human placental 17 beta-estradiol dehydrogenase and 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Two activities at a single enzyme active site". J. Biol. Chem. 256: 316&ndash, 21. PMID 6935192.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9040-08-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|